POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Equations for Baseball Seam - Web page : Re: Equations for Baseball Seam - Web page Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:33:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Equations for Baseball Seam - Web page
From: Daren Scot Wilson
Date: 27 Aug 1998 21:05:51
Message: <35E5BC91.7EB2FC9A@pipeline.com>
Thanks for the gush, Lance!   It was a fun, and quick, math project, but
took a lot longer than I was planning on to get the POV code written.
I'm addicted to tweaking the lighting forever.

Any other space curves or surface anyone wants to see?   Is there a web
page devoted to interesting curves, etc. aimed at computer graphics
geeks?   I'll be happy to start one, if I can gather enough material for
it.

BTW, you may have noticed the POV code had a couple extra parameters not
explained in the web page's text.  They're there just for you to tweak
and see what comes out - have fun!

For anyone who tuned in late, the baseball seam curve is at
http://www.newcolor.com/darenw/dswpov/bbseam.html

---
Daren Scot Wilson
Member, ACM